Gazing Upward

November12th

8 Comments

Hello my dear prayer warriors!

Thank you so much for your sweet comments and emails!  I just got back from the doctor, and she is going to postpone the surgery. In fact, she is hoping we won’t have to have it!  (Beware, some of the following details may not be for the faint-hearted.)

The biopsy incision had opened up on Friday and drained a lot of what was in the abscess, so the dr was encouraged.  On the ultrasound, you could still see some fluid, but the abscess has shrunk a good bit.
Because of the improvement, she decided to postpone the surgery. I had no idea how major of a surgery it is. She said an open wound takes 3 months to heal! Also, a nurse would have to come out to our home 3x/week, I guess for cleaning the wound and servicing the wound vac?  I have no idea if insurance covers all that or not. In addition, she showed me where she would need to cut, and I would end up with a 5″ arc scar across my upper breast…which would be completely visible with a bikini top or even a v-neck shirt. I already have a 1.5″ place that will scar from the biopsy and where she opened me back up today.
So today, she numbed me and cut back open the biopsy site and opened wider to see if we can drain the abscess even more. She didn’t really get any fluid out besides blood, so I hope it’s not trapped somewhere.  Please please pray that the abscess will drain completely and that I will not have to have surgery.  Please also pray that the opening i have right now will not become infected like last time.  I feel so overwhelmed with the surgery, so I’m praying hard for healing. I will go back next Monday, and a decision will then be made.
Thanks so much for praying with me. 🙂

8 Comments

• Comment by Selina Bergey — November 12, 2012 @ 12:22 pm

Oh, Kelly! I’m praying. I can only imagine how scary the past weeks have been. So thankful we know that nothing takes God by surprise. What a blessing that it’s not cancer, that you haven’t had to have surgery yet, that you can keep nursing that chubby littl Maryn. (She’s gorgeous, by the way!)

Praying here for complete healing, and no surgery, for strenth through trials, for lessons learned in the process.

Blessings, dear sister in Christ!

Selina

• Comment by Cheri — November 12, 2012 @ 1:11 pm

Oh,my! I missed the previous post and did not even pray for you! But, I pray right now for quick healing! I cannot imagine the stress you must have gone through, but pray for a beautiful road to recovery!

• Comment by The Mom — November 12, 2012 @ 7:42 pm

I had traveled to Northwest Florida to be with my elderly Momma and did not know about the trial you have been facing. As I backtracked through the posts, my heart went out to you. I can imagine the fear that you were battling while you were waiting for the biopsy report. I am thankful for a good report, but I know that the presence of the abscess is still a problem. I have been praying for you off and on today that you would have a continued sense of the Lord’s presence and His healing power in your life. He delights in you and loves you so. You are a treasure and your testimony of His goodness and faithfulness is very evident in your life. Blessings and thank you for keeping us posted.

• Comment by Amy D — November 13, 2012 @ 9:39 am

Kelley, I’ll continue to pray for you. I actually had a similar problem with Benjamin – I got terrible, terrible mastitis and battled it for about three months. Similar to you, the biopsy incision site drained and negated the need for surgery. If there’s not a very specific pocket of infection, the surgery is not indicated, so I pray that will be the case for you. Keep taking that Keflex (I’m assuming) every six hours precisely! I ended up being on it for seven weeks (!) but it ultimately kicked the infection.

• Comment by Emily Jones — November 13, 2012 @ 2:28 pm

I’m so glad that surgery is postponed! My sister had an abscess after her c-section and it was so painful and awful! I’m praying that yours will continue to drain on its own so that you don’t have to have this surgery! ~Emily

• Comment by Dana Powell — November 16, 2012 @ 12:14 am

Praying for you- for peace and healing.

• Comment by Kristen — November 17, 2012 @ 6:05 pm

Kelley,
    I don’t know you personally, but bought a towel from you last year when you guys were raising money for adoption. I am so sorry to hear you have been dealing with all of this. I will be praying for no surgery and praying that spot heals on its own.

• Comment by Emily Y — December 2, 2012 @ 7:43 am

Kelley, I’m so sorry to hear of all you’ve been going through! I will definitely be praying for healing for you, for strength as you are a wonderful wife and mother, and for wisdom for the doctors! Love you sweet friend, and let me know if I can do anything!

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL