Gazing Upward

June2nd

17 Comments

One of the joys of this pregnancy was getting to decorate a new nursery. (Thank you sweet husband!) While this is our 4th child, it’s only our 2nd infant and therefore second nursery. I know I should have just used everything I had from Carter’s baby room, but I wanted to do something different this time around. I wanted one of those soothing rooms that are just as much for the mom as for the baby. A place where I can retreat with our littlest one and savor the moments I wasn’t sure I’d ever experience again.

So without further adieu, here is the nursery:

I tried taking these photos with natural light only, and for some reason, there’s a slight greenish hue to each one, even after editing. But you get the idea.

A friend painted these nest eggs for me, and each one has a Bible verse written on the back. You can check out more of Wellon’s art here.

Numbers 24:21

“Your dwelling place is secure, your nest is set in a rock”

Psalm 84:3

Even the sparrow has found a home,  and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.

Psalm 33:12
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance.

Of course, the new safety warning is that crib bumpers shouldn’t be used. But I had already ordered this one, and I figure we’ll leave it up until the baby actually moves from the bassinet in our room to the crib.

These frames just need some photos of baby cuteness! If you haven’t heard of Poppy Tree Frames, it’s a company that makes all different sizes, shapes, and colors of frames. Plus, they have plexiglass so that they can’t shatter if some curious hands get a hold of them.

This gorgeous Christening gown was made by my sister-in-law, Julie, and worn by Carter for his baby dedication.

I was so excited when I found this mirror because it’s exactly what I had in mind! I also figure that most of the pieces in this room can be used throughout the house once the baby transitions to a big boy/girl room.

And for the oatmeal colored chair, I found these precious personalized pillows on Etsy!

I thought it was the perfect way to bring in pops of color. And you can select a Bible verse or quote for the pillow. At one of my appointments, the ultrasound tech wrote down in a card the gender of the baby and sent it to Anna on Etsy. I emailed her our boy name and our girl name, and she made the pillow accordingly.  Crazy that someone we don’t even know knows if we’re having a boy or a girl! She sent the package to Scott’s work and it will remain unopened until baby arrives.

She does family name pillows too. Love this one!

So at 38 weeks today, I’m 50% effaced, 2 cm dilated, and anxious to meet our little bean face to face!

17 Comments

• Comment by Beth Goff — June 2, 2012 @ 9:20 pm

Beautiful!!!! I can’t wait and so excited for your family!

• Comment by Natalie — June 3, 2012 @ 1:48 pm

kelley!!!!!!
    nursery is beautiful, i love that pillow, and i am so so incredibly excited for your family and feel blessed to have been able to follow your journey over the past many years.

xoxo
    Natalie

• Comment by Mary — June 3, 2012 @ 7:35 pm

Kelley- I love reading your blog. I have been praying for you during your journey of adoption and pregnancy. I am pregnant and due in late October. I LOVE your nursery! Where did you get the chest/changing table? Thanks!!

• Comment by ashley — June 3, 2012 @ 7:49 pm

the nursery looks great; love the nest pictures with verses. and i think you did a great job with the picturs. inside shots are not always easy, you did great. cant wait to meet the newest brown addition

• Comment by Bethany — June 3, 2012 @ 8:17 pm

Kelley, you have such an eye for decorating–please come to our house next! The room looks so serene and beautiful. It will be such a tranquil place for both you and your little one. Great work and God bless as you wait…

• Comment by Erin — June 4, 2012 @ 8:05 am

Kelley-the nursery looks fantastic. I love every last detail! Where did you find the great rug? Looks adorable for both a little boy or girl. Not much longer til you find out who will call that room home 🙂

Love,
    Erin

• Comment by Anna — June 4, 2012 @ 8:43 am

Kelley, the room is beautiful! I love the neutrals. I love the artworkd and rug too! SO excited for this new addition to the Brown fam!

• Comment by Joyce — June 4, 2012 @ 2:55 pm

So pretty! Best wishes as you welcome your new little one!

• Comment by Emily Jones — June 4, 2012 @ 3:58 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE the nursery! It is beautiful and serene and yet still baby! Wellon and I went to high school together and I love her art work so so much!! what is the fabric that you used on the curtains? I am trying to do some new pillows for my bedroom and love the graphic print! Can’t wait to see if it’s a little boy or girl and find out his/her name!!! Good luck with delivery!

• Comment by Breanne — June 4, 2012 @ 4:06 pm

I can’t even stand how beautiful the new nursery is! A precious place for your newest, prayed-for addition! We miss your family so much, Kelley! Next time we’re in Birmingham we’re watching all FOUR of the Brown kids!!! Love ya’ll!

• Comment by Kelley — June 4, 2012 @ 7:06 pm

Thanks for all the sweet comments! 🙂 I’ll try to answer all the questions…

The changing table is made by Morigeau-Lepine. It’s from Carter’s nursery, and we bought it at a local baby store called Storkland.

The rug is from RH Baby and Child. But despite how pretty it is, I was disappointed to find that it’s really scratchy and not soft as I thought it would be.

The fabric for the curtains is Michael Miller/Paula Prass Botanika Mod Lattice Aqua. I ordered it and had someone on Etsy make the drapes.

Thanks for all your prayers!

xoxo,
    Kelley

• Comment by McCall — June 6, 2012 @ 9:28 am

So cute!!! Where did you get the beautiful crib???

• Comment by Kelley — June 12, 2012 @ 11:28 am

Thank you! The crib is by Bratt Decor, and it comes in all different finishes. Bought at Storkland but you can buy multiple places.

• Comment by Ericka J. — June 7, 2012 @ 10:18 pm

GORGEOUS!! I am crazy in love with the mirror by the crib, the crib, and the carpet! Can you tell us where those came from too? (especially that beautiful mirror!)

• Comment by Kelley — June 12, 2012 @ 11:27 am

Thanks Ericka! The mirror is by Aidan Gray and I ordered it off of Layla Grace. The rug is Restoration Hardware Baby, and the crib is Bratt Decor which can be ordered multiple places. We bought through Storkland in Vestavia. 🙂

• Comment by Rachel — June 8, 2012 @ 2:04 pm

Congrats Kelley!! Yes, please tell us where you got the beautiful crib & that sweet bunny pillow!!

• Comment by Kelley — June 12, 2012 @ 11:29 am

Thanks Rachel! I found the bunny pillow at Three Sheets in Homewood. I figured that if I had a boy, I could sew blue fabric over the pink on the bunny ears. 🙂

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL