Gazing Upward

April12th

43 Comments

Grace is doing great! Her little lip quivered at first, and you'll see a few tears in her eyes in the initial pics, but she hasn't really cried yet. We actually want her to at some point because it's important for her to grieve. But she's bonding with me already. She won't let anyone else hold her, which is hard for Scott. But I am sure she will by tonight. We got her to smile and laugh already! She is actually very tall for her age…long legs! But still very thin. She has on two other layers of clothes beneathe those pink pjs! Β She's on our bed right now playing with stacking cups. We are so incredibly happy and grateful.

More details, pics, and video to come! Thank you a thousand times for all your prayers! They've carried us through this, especially the rough moments of waiting.Β

43 Comments

• Comment by Jen — April 12, 2010 @ 5:01 am

I am SOOOOOO thrilled for you guys! She is absolutely gorgeous! Make sure you get plenty of rest so that you can both weather and enjoy the next few days.

She is so tall πŸ™‚ She reminds me of my Catherine who towers over her brother who is 15 months older than she is!

• Comment by natali — April 12, 2010 @ 5:06 am

little Miss Grace is SO gorgeous!!

• Comment by Margaret — April 12, 2010 @ 5:10 am

oh Kelley, she is beautiful!!
    GrandMarna

• Comment by katie — April 12, 2010 @ 5:10 am

She is beautiful! And with you two as parents she will grow up to be beautiful inside and out! Cannot wait to meet her. So glad this day is finally here! Katie Crawford

• Comment by Katie — April 12, 2010 @ 5:58 am

Praising the Lord with you! She is just adorable! I'm so glad she is already bonding with you Kelley!

• Comment by Katie — April 12, 2010 @ 6:12 am

Okay, I can't take my eyes off these pictures. I just love her! Can't wait to see you all when you get home!
    Love, Katie Murphy

• Comment by Anna — April 12, 2010 @ 6:30 am

Oh Kelley she is beautiful!

• Comment by The Fairleys — April 12, 2010 @ 9:56 am

Kelley,
    Grace is all I expected her to be. I am so happy for you and Scott, that you have finally made it to this point. We are in the rough part of waiting right now and I am looking so forward to being where you are. God bless you all during these next few days of getting to know one another.

Ashley Fairley
    Gadsden,AL

• Comment by Jennifer — April 12, 2010 @ 10:44 am

OH MY STARS!! God is SO good!!! Congratulations on being together….she looks like an angel:)

• Comment by Kim — April 12, 2010 @ 11:18 am

OH MY! She is precious and you are beaming!
    Praising God for His faithfulness.
    Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
    Kim

• Comment by Greg and Laura — April 12, 2010 @ 11:23 am

She is beautiful!! So happy to hear she is doing good. I can't believe she is so tall…Anna is just a peanut. Can't wait to hear more about your day! Congratulations!!!!

• Comment by e — April 12, 2010 @ 11:28 am

i have chills
    she is beautiful and her such a little light in her eye. so thankful for all of you!

• Comment by Thornton's Well — April 12, 2010 @ 11:36 am

Oh My, she is So Precious. I love her piggie tails, they really wanted her to look cute for yall.She just looks like she has the sweetest heart. How thankful we are for you all. Love and Prayers.

• Comment by Brittany — April 12, 2010 @ 11:53 am

Beautiful. Simply Beautiful. Grace is BEAUTIFUL!

I am beyond happy for you guys and can't wait to see more pictures in the coming days! The wait is over and you have your DAUGHTER in your ARMS!

• Comment by The Alexanders — April 12, 2010 @ 12:01 pm

What a wonderful sight to see her in your arms! Praise God! She is so cute!

• Comment by Prentices — April 12, 2010 @ 12:10 pm

I'm in love! Sweet baby girl is just beautiful, and YOU GOT HER! I'm just thrilled and so happy that you had a good first day together. We love you Virginia Grace and can't wait to meet you! xoxo

• Comment by Ashley — April 12, 2010 @ 12:13 pm

Kelley, tears are streaming down my face!!! She is so beautiful and looks like she is FULL of personality. We can not wait to meet her! Congratulations on your precious little girl! All our love, Scott, Ashley, Alex, Tate, Graham & Cece

• Comment by stu brown — April 12, 2010 @ 12:13 pm

Obviously, we are so excited for you guys and thankful that she looks so healthy and beautiful. We can't wait to meet her and welcome her to the family! – stuart & noelle

• Comment by Courtney — April 12, 2010 @ 12:19 pm

She is beautiful! I am so excited for you guys!

• Comment by Jimbo and Hayley — April 12, 2010 @ 12:20 pm

Praise the Lord!! We are so excited for you guys and even more thankful for the Lord's provisions. She is beautiful! We can hardly wait to meet her. We will keep praying.

• Comment by Cathy C — April 12, 2010 @ 12:38 pm

Kelley, This is Cathy, Stacey P's mom. I've been following your journey and couldn't wait to check your blog this morning. There are no words! Thousands of tears of joy will be flowing today!! Such a precious baby girl! Congratulations to all of you. Prayers will continue.

• Comment by Kelly the Overthinker — April 12, 2010 @ 12:40 pm

Oh, so happy to see these beautiful pictures! She is an absolute doll! May your first moments be precious ones. You are probably working on getting her to sleep right now–may she rest comfortably and peacefully tonight with her mom and dad near!
    Kelly

• Comment by Fittsy — April 12, 2010 @ 12:52 pm

I'm thrilled for you and will pray for you all, as you adjust to life as a family of four.

• Comment by Shannon and Clint — April 12, 2010 @ 12:55 pm

She is beautiful! So happy for ya'll!

• Comment by Rayne — April 12, 2010 @ 12:59 pm

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!! Praying for ya'll!

• Comment by The Hamiltons — April 12, 2010 @ 1:00 pm

Kelley and Scott- She is just beautiful and looks right at home in her mother's arms. We couldn't be more excited for you, thanks for letting us all share in your journey to bring Grace home.

With love,
    Erin, Vic and Alexis

• Comment by Susan — April 12, 2010 @ 1:02 pm

Kelley, she is the most beautiful little girl! Got tears when I saw her precious face! Have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!

• Comment by Melissa — April 12, 2010 @ 1:02 pm

Yay!!!!!! She's gorgeous and I am just so happy for all of you. I know it has to feel wonderful to finally have her in your arms. Praise the Lord!

I'm still praying for you guys!

Love, Melissa, Thomas & Vale

• Comment by Kristy — April 12, 2010 @ 1:03 pm

She's absolutely adorable! Those pigtails… What a wonderful moment. Praying for you guys! Love you.

• Comment by Amy — April 12, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

She looks like a potential hooty hoot!! I can't wait to meet her. Caroline and Grace will have love having races up the stairs!!! She is adorably cute, and we look forward to meeting her soon!! Congratulations and love you!

• Comment by Stephanie — April 12, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

She's so beautiful!! I'm so happy for you guys and am continuing to pray for you!

• Comment by Heather, David and Delaney! — April 12, 2010 @ 1:16 pm

I am soooo excited for yall and I couldn't wait to check the blog this morning to see that sweet little girl with you guys! She is beautiful! Congrats and we will pray for the rest of the trip and for Carter as well!

• Comment by Carrie Engle — April 12, 2010 @ 1:19 pm

Pure joy! She is just beautiful! I love watching God at work and I look forward to seeing Him continuing to do great things for the Brown family!

• Comment by Stacey Carden — April 12, 2010 @ 1:20 pm

She is SOOO beautiful…even more so than I imagined!! I'm so glad she has bonded well with you. I'm sure she will be bonding with Scott in no time! I'm sure she is not used to someone of his size! πŸ™‚ She has a precious smile! So glad things are going well so far and that you've GOT HER! πŸ™‚

• Comment by Noelle — April 12, 2010 @ 1:21 pm

Woo-Hoo! Welcome to the family, little one! We're so excited, and can't wait to welcome you all home in person! We continue to pray…

• Comment by Karen Phillips — April 12, 2010 @ 1:23 pm

yayyyy! congratulations…she is just precious, and i know you guys are just so happy to have her in your arms! so thrilled for your family!

• Comment by Courtney — April 12, 2010 @ 1:27 pm

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I know ya'll are so excited to finally hold her!!! She is just absolutely precious. Counting the days until you bring her home and we all get to meet her. We love you so much and are rejoicng with you!!! ~Aunt CoCo and Uncle Ivan

• Comment by Kelley — April 12, 2010 @ 7:33 pm

wow–I can't believe it! Little Virginia Grace is finally with her forever parents. She is absolutely precious! Praise the Lord! I can't wait to meet her! πŸ™‚

• Comment by Abby Maddox — April 12, 2010 @ 8:24 pm

I cannot EVEN STAND how cute she is!!!!! You've got her! You've got her! Oh my goodness!

• Comment by Bradford — April 12, 2010 @ 8:58 pm

I have tears filling my eyes. God is so faithful and full of GRACE. Your
    Grace is absolutely beautiful. “From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another.” John 1:16. We love y'all and are praying for all 4 of you.
    Love,
    Bradford and fam

• Comment by Lindsey — April 12, 2010 @ 10:41 pm

oh my goodness. Grace is PRECIOUS!! I LOVE the pigtails! Such a cutie. Praying even now.

• Comment by Scott and Keri — April 13, 2010 @ 1:58 am

She is beautiful!!! We are so excited for you and will be praying for you during the remainder of your time in China and as you transition to being a family of four back home. We look forward to meeting her in person!

• Comment by Erin — April 18, 2010 @ 4:41 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! she is absolutely precious! πŸ™‚

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL